Since a dear friend of mine is Stamp-A-Ma-Jig challenged (you know who you are!) it occurred to me that others may not know how to use this wonderful stamp aligning tool either or may have not ever heard of it. Quite simply, it helps you align wood-mounted rubber stamp images perfectly. While my SAMJ-challenged friend has the knack of being able to perfectly align stamped images without any tool help, I on the other hand, need all the help I can get! Or if you need make sure your image will fit in a tight spot (as in the Hello card below), this tool is ideal. So here are your photos with instructions on them (click images for a larger view). Instructions are also below:
I believe the original instructions that come with your SAMJ may show placing the tool with the T shape at the top but it's easier for me to align my stamp with it at the bottom.
1. Line plastic sheet up in the corner of the SAMJ.
2. Stamp your image onto the plastic sheet, lining it up in the corner of the SAMJ.
3. Line up plastic sheet where you’d like the image placed on your project (the flower on top was previously stamped onto cardstock).
4. Place SAMJ at the corner of the plastic sheet.
5. Remove plastic sheet and line up stamp in the corner of the SAMJ to stamp your image.
6. A perfectly aligned image!
Have fun playing with this wonderful tool!