For today's project, I chose to use Faber-Castell's Gelatos. Gelatos are an emollient-based water-soluble medium that glide smoothly onto nearly any surface to create rich swaths of pure color. They may be blended without water using your fingertip or a blending tool, or with water using a paintbrush or damp cloth. They are buttery smooth, like painting with lipstick! There is no oily residue and their water-soluble qualities make them very compatible with other mediums. Use on all types of paper, cloth,canvas, wood and other porous surfaces as well as rubber, foam and clear stamps. They are availabel in 22 yummy opaque colors and 6 shimmering metallics. They are light fast, acid free, archival, odorless, watersoluble, permanent and work great on dark surfaces.
1. First, spritz the rubber background stamp with water; this helps the Gelatos glide on smoothly.
2. Then color directly on the stamp with the Gelatos:
I used these Gelato colors:
Roses: Bubblegum & Mango
Daisies: Mango & Tangerine
Leaves & Swirls: Green Tea
Words: Cotton Candy
3. Spritz the stamp/Gelatos again with water.
4. Stamp onto ivory heavy weight cardstock. You could stamp directly onto the canvas, for a more artistic look, but I liked the crisper image I achieved by stamping onto cardstock.
5. Go back and fill in some areas, using a water reservoir brush and picking up color directly from the Gelato.
6. Stamp the butterfly in the same manner, using these Gelatos -- Green Metallic, Lemon & Chocolate:
7. Stamp butterfly onto ivory cardstock and cut out. Pop up on foam tape over swirl stamped with Chocolate Gelato.
8. Stamp the "Love" sentiment (made with JustRite's clear Graceful Monogram stamps) with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.
9. Color the sides of the canvas, using Chocolate Gelato -- just scribble onto the canvas and blend with a wet paint brush:
10. Adhere ivory stamped piece to the canvas . . . done!
Be sure to check out the projects each of these JustRite & Faber-Castel design team members have for you today:
Enter for your chance to win some fabulous giveaway prize packages on the JustRite Inspiration Day 1 blog post:
And also the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog:
Thanks so much for joining us today . . . I'll be back again tomorrow with another JustRite-FaberCastell mixed media project!
Stamps: JustRite Cling CL-04355 French Rose Background and CL-04390 Butterfly Dreams; Clear CR-04495 Graceful Monogram,
Faber-Castel Gelatos: Red set (Bubblegum), Yellow set (Mango & Tangerine), Green set (Green Tea), Blue set (Cotton Candy), Neutrals (Chocolate), Green Metallic
Paper: GKD Ivory Heavy Base Weight Cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Antique Linen & Spun Sugar,
Accessories: 6x6 canvas, Ranger Ink Blending Tool, X-Press It Clear Gel Glue,