Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of this post, to see more samples from the rest of the design team members and look for the graphics below, for instructions on how to enter for your chance to win some fabulous JustRite and Faber-Castell product giveaways!
For today's project, I chose to use Faber-Castell's Gelatos again ... I love their beautiful watercolor quality and wonderful color range!
1. Cut a piece of heavy weight cream cardstock the size of the wood frame (8" x 8").
2. Spritz the rubber background stamp with water; this helps the Gelatos glide on smoothly.
3. Then color directly on the cling-mounted red rubber stamp with the Gelatos:
I used these Gelato colors:
Green Tea & Spearmint
Cotton Candy & Blueberry
4. Spritz the stamp/Gelatos again with water.
5. Stamp onto ivory heavy weight cream cardstock. Repeat steps 2-4 until cardstock is covered with pattern.
6. Cut square center out of stamped cardstock; layer onto a blue cardstock mat.
7. Glue cardstock to wood frame.
8. Paint wood frame sides with teal acrylic paint.
9. Stamp the center framed sentiment onto ivory cardstock in the same manner as above, using JustRite's Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels 2 stamp set and Blueberry & Black Gelatos. The Gelatos work just as well on clear acrylic stamps:
Die cut the frame using JustRite's coordinating Vintage Labels 2 dies.
10. Using Green/Mint Metallic Gelato, paint/fill in the center of the stamped frame -- just scribble onto the cardstock and then use a wet paint brush to spread around the color:
I used T6 Copic marker to color the edge of the die cut.
11. Stamp sentiment onto ivory cardstock using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and die cut. Pop up on foam tape over stamped frame.
12. Add blue seam binding bow to frame, stuck with green leaf stick pins. Add flower gems between the stamped flourish patterns.
Be sure to visit these JustRite and Faber-Castell design team members, to see the projects they have for you today:
Sharon Harnist <= You are here!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft
Thanks so much for joining us today! For today’s giveaway packages, please leave a comment on this (my) blog post and each of the designers' Day 2 blog posts listed above and we will randomly select two winners from two designer's blog comments to receive the prize packages pictured below! Comments will be open until March 22nd at midnight Eastern.
And also the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog:
Stamps: JustRite Cling CL-04500 Grand Damask Background and Clear CR-04450 Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels 2,
Faber-Castel Gelatos: Green set (Green Tea & Spearmint), Blue set (Cotton Candy & Blueberry), Black & White set, Metallic set (Green),
Dies: JustRite Custom JB-03990 Vintage Labels 2 dies, Spellbinders Classic Oval dies
Paper: GKD Heavy Base Weight Cardstock-Sandy Beach; blue cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Peacock Feathers
Accessories: Michaels 8x8 wood frame, Claudine Hellmuth Classic Teal Studio Paint, blue seam binding, Maya Road Green Leaf Trinket Pins, Heidi Swapp Large Clear Flower Jewels, Copic Foam Tape,